Unique Tourism Opportunity
A well positioned tourism business in popular location on Great Barrier Reef & Rainforest Coast. Second time in 30 years the property had been traded. All equipment & structures well maintained and compliant. Bookings held with existing tour operator contracts 20/22. Online booking engine, high traffic domain, featured in tour operator brochures. Owners have put all profits back into the infrastructure over the past two decades and love their business. In excellent condition!
Mungumby Lodge, Helenvale/Rossville via Cooktown is a superb opportunity for an astute purchaser. This 10 room BnB eco-lodge allows for a range of room options and expansion, catering particularly to the well traveled international and domestic client with top-up of local north Queenslanders and corporate business. At 25% year round occupancy this property breaks even 30% and above the property is profitable. June till Nov occupancy runs strong and profitable. Loads of room to grow the business. Crisis resilient business and ideal sanctuary when country in lock down mode.
Surrounded by UNESCO listed World Heritage rainforest and the famous Reef & Rainforest coast. The lodge has been owned by the same company for two decades and provides a real time opportunity for those who are financially able. There are many lodges through-out Australia yet only a few manage to attract and host Sir David Attenborough, then develop, maintain and grow a legacy for years into the future.
There are a number of rare endangered endemic species that live here and of high interest to the public.
- Freehold Tourism BnB
- 12 Buildings all well maintained
- 10 ensuite cabins in great condition
- Going Concern, walk in walk out, operating manuals, hand over
- Strong bookings and well feature in tour operator programs
- On going marketing and maintaining of existing business available
- Stunning location within Tropical Far North Queensland
- Suitable for owner operator with financial ability to own outright
- Ability to buy Lot 3 including the lodge business alone or including Lot 4 with extra acreage (29.7ha), post and rail paddocks, house, stables and workshop.
- Pure Spring water and ability to generate off grid electricity
- Fully functional and operating business.
- Surrounded by National Park and Conservation Reserve.
Price Guidance: $1,390,000
AGENT: Hamish Haslop
Tel: +61 7 4060 3159