Unique World Heritage Opportunity
A well-positioned tourism business in popular location on Great Barrier Reef & Rainforest Coast. Second time in 30 years the property had been traded. All equipment & structures well maintained and compliant. Bookings held with existing tour operator contracts 21/22. Online booking engine, high traffic domain, featured in tour operator brochures. Owners have put all profits back into the infrastructure over the past two decades and love their business. In excellent condition & awaits your inspection!
Mungumby Lodge, Rossville via Cooktown is a superb opportunity for an astute purchaser seeking to actively work this property and business. A 10 cabin B&B lodge allows for a range of room options and expansion, catering particularly to the well travelled international and domestic client with top-up of local north Queenslanders, corporate business and special interest groups.
Surrounded by World Heritage rainforest and the famous Reef & Rainforest coast. The lodge has been owned by the same company for the past two decades and provides a real time opportunity for those who are financially able.
There are many lodges through-out Australia yet only a few manage to attract and host Sir David Attenborough, then develop, maintain and grow a legacy for years into the future. There are rare endemic species that live here and of high interest to the public.
- Lot 4 (3.804 ha) includes large homestead, 10 Cabins, laundry building, commercial kitchen, 13 bathrooms, Bar & dinning room cradled within well established gardens with orchids and bird attracting species.
- Lot 3 (29.7200 ha) Caretakers residence, fruit trees, large vegetable garden. Stables, tunnel house, 70m2 double garage shed, post rail fenced, 4+ paddocks, remnant rainforest regrowth rainforest, creek frontage along western boundary
- National Park & World Heritage Rainforest on mountain side, creek side nature reserve.
- Maintained Waste Management Systems x 8 and all in excellent condition
- Sensational potable water supply, possibility of off grid Micro Hydro power generation installation.
- Mains power, 2 x Satellite NBN systems, & telephone.
- Stable tourism income largely from national and international clients staying 2-3+ nights.
- In highly desirable location at the end of the road, pure spring feed gravity water allocation with neighbours on 1 side only.
- Cape York & Cooktown are experiencing significant growth since 2021
- Rare endemic resident animals and marsupials found only here.
- Plenty of room to expand accommodation offerings to broaden the market reach.
- Rainforest Tower, ATV track, arts, animals and day visitor centre would expand offerings.
- Camping/glamping area prepared and would make for an easy expansion option.
- Year long free spring water gravity to the door with no need for pumps.
- The current business package of branding and trading names. Includes web domains, imagery, business chattels, linen, operating equipment and all required for a walk in walk out smooth handover with the potential of marketing assistance to maintain and build sales
Price Guidance: $1,600,000.00 walk in walk out with training