Unique World Heritage Rainforest Freehold
Imagine waking up to the sounds of the creek and rainforest or being able to walk out of your backyard and swim in the spectacular waterfalls. You can close the gate and then relax to the sounds of the forest with not a soul to disturb you. With 10 rooms you can regulate how busy you want to be regulating or how many rooms you offer each night as not everyone wants to be busy. This property offers an exceptional lifestyle remote from any war, recession or political woes with spring water and waterfalls flowing 24/7.
Mungumby Lodge is a well-positioned tourism Eco-lodge B&B and stunning rainforest property set on the banks of the Mungumby Creek in a popular rainforest location on the Great Barrier Reef & Rainforest Coast. Only the second time the property had been brought to market since its inception. You could own your own forest with year-round gravity-feed spring water. All equipment & structures are well-maintained and compliant. In excellent condition, this property awaits your inspection!
Mungumby Lodge, Helenvale/Rossville via Cooktown is a superb opportunity for an astute purchaser seeking to actively work this property and or the business. A 10-cabin B&B lodge with a stunning homestead allows for a range of room options and future expansion, particularly for the well-travelled client
Surrounded by World Heritage-listed rainforest and the famous Great Barrier Reef & Rainforest coast. The lodge has been owned by the same company for the past two decades and provides a real-time opportunity for those who are financially able. The property is being offered with the business chattels and trading name Mungumby Lodge. WIWO!
There are many lodges throughout Australia yet only a few manage to attract and host Sir David Attenborough, and then develop, maintain and grow a legacy for years into the future. There are rare endemic species that live here and are of high interest to the public.
- Lot 3 (3.804 ha) includes a large homestead, 10 Cabins, a laundry building, a commercial kitchen, 13 bathrooms, a Bar & dining room, 110,000-litre swimming pool, cradled within well-established gardens with orchids and bird-attracting species of plant.
- Managers residence.
- National Park & World Heritage Rainforest on the mountainside, creek side nature reserve, roadside a private property.
- Well-maintained Waste Management Systems x 8 and all in excellent condition
- Sensational potable water supply, the possibility of off-grid Micro Hydropower generation installation.
- Mains power, Satellite NBN system, & telephone.
- Stable tourism income largely from local, national and international clients staying 2-3+ nights.
- In a highly desirable location at the end of the road, pure spring feed gravity water allocation with neighbours on 2 sides only.
- Cape York & Cooktown are experiencing significant growth since 2021
- Rare endemic resident animals and marsupials are found only here.
- Plenty of room to expand accommodation offerings to broaden the market reach.
- Rainforest Tower, ATV track, arts, animals and day visitor centre would expand offerings.
- Camping/glamping areas are prepared and would make for an easy expansion option.
- Year-long free spring water gravity to the door with no need for pumps fully licenced.
- The current business package of branding and trading names. Includes web domains, imagery, business chattels, linen, operating equipment and all required for a walk-in walk-out smooth handover or buy the property and improvements on its own.