This centrally located and financially strong performing leasehold business is in Lakeland Far North Queensland, has a well-established trading history and returns. The business gives you the opportunity to enjoy a sound income, whilst living in a enjoyable friendly region, the gateway to Cape York & Cooktown!
Currently run by the owners for the past eleven years. Sound local support as the owners have always been community focused. Over this time the region has and continues to grow at a steady pace. A local village population of approx. 230 residence (2011 census) plus 200 transient year round workers.
The income is steady year round with an extra 6 month boost over the tourist season with national & international travellers heading to the tip of Cape York as part of their bucket list.
Lakeland Coffee House & Store makes the perfect entry-level opportunity for family operators. Not your traditional convenience store, it is so much more! Drop in and be surprised by the range of gourmet groceries, on-site roasted coffee, local produce, fill the car with fuel and something to eat for every palette or need.
In-store roasted packaged coffee as featured by ABC radio’s show hosted by Edwina Farley “A Big Country” is distributed locally, nationally and online due to reputation. All coffee sourced and grown locally, more being planted yearly. https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/countrybreakfast/a-big-country-may-11/11091236
Catering is conducted year round for the community hall (next door). Tour operator catering throughout the tourist season. Workers lunch boxes are in growing demand (50 p.d) for Solar farm, Banana farms, and development projects workers. Opportunity is there to open at nights for evening meals.
- Leasehold that has a solid reputation for good food, friendly service, clean toilets and something for everyone.
- BP Fleet Card and fuel mapped supports strong fuel sales, clients then spend extra on food, beverages, snacks and souvenirs.
- The large convenience store supports the local community 7 days a week.
- Cafe and Coffee house is strongly supported by travellers, locals, truckers, buses, banana workers and tourists.
- All bus services stop here!
- Wide forecourt and large parking area enables larger vehicles to refuel or park.
- Outside sheltered eating area and lawn a great spot to enjoy the superb weather.
- Strong returns and excellent work hours and available staff.
- Suitable for an owner operator or investor.
Lakeland hub of activity
- Business employs 4.5 staff in the busy season and year round a manager and cook. Could have someone run it for you or run as a family concern.
- Business is profitable and could be further developed through proactive marketing of coffee, opening evenings and further developing workers catering.
- Opportunity to rent and live nearby then walk to work. Lakeland future supermarket servicing Laura, Lakeland & Rossville and many surrounding cattle properties.
- Lakeland once subdivisions are approved and Cook Shire Visitor Information Centre built will take off. Water security, proposed wind farm, rapidly developing horticulture projects and solar expansion.
Lakeland in the Cook Shire has many sunny laid-back charms and are proving ever more popular with buyers and investors. The tyranny of distance is over!
Nestled at the apex and gateway to Cape York and Cooktown. All those heading north to Laura, Coen, Weipa, Lakefield NP, the tip or to Cooktown must pass through Lakeland. The greater Cooktown region is a charming historical region, un-spoilt by the urgency of modern life. Its close proximity to nearby reefs, deserted beaches and river systems make it an ideal fishing destination. While it is best known for its endemic wildlife, culture, history, bird watching and infamous barramundi stocks the region is an enchanting place to call home.
Real Estate has experienced a much better 2019 than previous years. Most investors are buying to live in the regions un-spoilt environment, however some big investors buying into the area. The regions large scale renewable energy projects offer a bright future for SE Cape York. Queensland Government investment throughout Cape York. Queensland and Federal Government infrastructure investment is significant into 2020 and is connecting Cape York to the rest of Australia making the tyranny of distance something of the past.